What Does a Letting Agent Do for a Landlord?
Letting agents work to make life as easy as possible for a landlord. They can take care of all of the stressful or time-consuming parts of letting a property, from finding tenants to managing the upkeep.
But different letting agents might offer different services. And you might get a different level of support depending on how much you pay.
So in this post we’ll explain what a letting agent can do for a landlord, through discussing the services we offer to landlords in Nottingham.
Letting Agent Services Explained
We offer three levels of support for landlords:
- Let Only
- Rent Collection
- Fully Managed
Let’s explore each of these services in more detail.
Also known as the Tenant Find service, this means we’ll help you fill your rental properties with tenants you can trust to pay their rent on time, and to keep your property in good condition.
- Advertising your property on our own website, on our social media channels, and on listing sites such as Rightmove and Zoopla.
- Letting admin, including conducting the contract signing and collecting deposits, guarantor documents, and tenant IDs.
- Preparing tenancy agreements in line with current letting legislation.
Along with everything you get with out Tenant Find service, our Rent Collection service also includes:
- Collecting rent, and providing statements in line with the rental schedule.
- Right to rent checks on tenants.
- Utility bill and council tax management services.
Finally, with our Fully Managed service, you get all the support you get with our Let Only and Rent Collection services, as well as:
- Quarterly property inspections.
- Inventories and check-out reports for every property we manage.
- Logging tenant maintenance requests on our dedicated system.
How Much Are Agent Rental Fees?
Each level of support carries a different charge, and the amount you pay will depend on the amount of properties you want us to manage, and the number of tenants you need us to find.
Read our full guide to agent rental fees.
What Are My Responsibilities as a Landlord?
Though letting agents are there to make life easier for landlords, you’ll still have some legal responsibilities. There are some things that will always remain your responsibility.
Your responsibilities as a landlord include:
- Ensuring your property meets all the relevant space and safety standards.
- Meeting gas, electricity and general product safety regulations.
- Carrying out essential maintenance to walls, roofs, windows, doors, pipes, wiring, heating, hot water, and gas and electrical appliances. We can log tenant maintenance requests for you, but it’ll be your responsibility to carry them out.
As a landlord, you must also give your tenants 24 hours’ notice before you visit your property.
Read our full guide to your responsibilities as a landlord.
Total Support For Nottingham Landlords
We offer comprehensive letting agent services for landlords in Nottingham. You can choose exactly the support you need – whether that’s simply help finding tenants, or assistance with your ongoing property management.
Head here for more information on how we can help landlords in Nottingham.
News & Blog
SIMILAR ARTICLES TO READ
Keep up to date with the latest UNI2 Rent news.