Author:Uni 2 Breaking
How safe is my student accommodation Nottingham?
Leaving halls for private student accommodation Nottingham can evoke a great sense of freedom. However with that freedom also comes a range of concerns. Student Halls give younger adults that feeling of security, but once you move out…you need to ensure you can stay safe in the real world.
What is the advice to ensure I stay safe in my student accommodation Nottingham?
There is plenty of advice on staying safe whilst at university and we have put together some brief information which is specifically aimed at staying safe at your student accommodation, Nottingham.
- Think about your online profile. As a student, social media is a fabulous tool for networking with other students and even friends who are in another part of the country. However take care not to post any personal details such as your address or indeed indicate that your home might be unoccupied for a specific period of time.
- Student houses can be a specific target for burglars who are looking to seize goods such as laptops and expensive smart phones. Whilst there is no fail safe advice, keeping items out of view is a good way to deter opportunist thieves. Additionally you might want to invest in some cheap curtains which can be closed at night and when the property is empty.
- Always ensure you lock up. An open door or an open window is the most common way for burglars to enter a house.
- If you have recently invested in a new television or laptop, discard of the packaging carefully away from the house, so as not to alert burglars to the possible contents of your house.
- Activate Find My Phone on your smart phone which will enable you to track the phone should it be stolen. Also take note of any serial numbers of electronic equipment.
- Ensure your valuable items are sufficiently covered by insurance.
Staying in student accommodation Nottingham should be an enjoyable experience, so take note of these few simple tips to ensure you get the best out of your time spent at university.